I've been home for the last two and a half days, having been discharged from the hospital on postoperative day 1. I'm finding that the stairs in my house are no big deal, but I am having trouble getting into and out of bed or cars.
I also came very close to fainting yesterday morning when I first woke up. I got out of bed, crutched to the bathroom, and was in the middle of taking my medications when I suddenly felt woozy and very warm. I sat down and called my wife in. She had to support me while I was sitting so I wouldn't fall over. (Did she win the lottery when she married me or what?) The feeling eventually passed and I went back to bed.
I had my first at-home physical therapy session yesterday, as well. Lots of simple exercises to loosen up the new joint, both standing up and laying down. And I was encouraged again to walk as much as I'm able to.
Finally, I also had a nurse come to the house to check on me yesterday. Everything looks good, except I have a low grade fever just under 100 degrees. That's not terribly uncommon right after surgery and nothing to worry about unless it gets closer to 101 degrees. So I am to keep an eye on it.
Very little on the agenda for today -- maybe a short walk outside -- and then in-home physical therapy again tomorrow.
Yes, your wife did win the lottery! You sound like a great guy - funny, smart and handsome!
ReplyDelete