The surgery this morning went on without a hitch. I'm currently in my hospital room with inflatable cuffs around my legs to ward off blood clots. I'm also on a ton of pain killers and nerve blockers.
I'm very happy to report that I have no memory whatsoever of the surgery or of even receiving the spinal anesthesia injection. Just before the spinal, I was given some sedatives to help me relax. The next thing I remember is becoming alert in the recovery room, having oxygen tubes in my nose, and being offered ice chips and apple juice.
I'm currently completely pain free, but that's due to the painkillers and some long-lasting numbing medication my surgeon injected into my new hip during the procedure. I start physical therapy at the hospital sometime this afternoon, and have to demonstrate to the nurses that I can urinate within the next 90 minutes. Otherwise, I'm afraid they'll need to insert a catheter, which I'd very much prefer to avoid.
So -- surgery done, onto recovery!
No comments:
Post a Comment